Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Oh Baby!

Well, much to my shock, I am going to be a grandma.
Our daughter announced the first of August that
she was expecting.  This is a much desired and
planned for baby.  She is 37 and our unwed son
is 41, so we never expected to be grandparents.

Above is the quilt that I have been working of for the last month.
Had to take my trusty 39 year old Bernina 830 Record
to be cleaned as I had moved my sewing room to the basement
and then discovered that I absolutely hated working in the basement.
My son and husband helped me move the
oak sewing cabinet up to a spare bedroom.  I have been 
sewing like a maniac for the past month
with several other projects rattling
around in my mind.
(not all of them baby either)

I found these panels at Pat's Creative.  This is an amazing
quilt store that is way way out in the boonies.
There was no sample sheet, just the large panel
and the six little ones.  I spent nights pondering
just exactly how to make the perfect
little girl baby quilt.  
Forgot to mention this baby is
a girl, due the end of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment